I had a water filter installed on my main water line, which draws from an underground stream.The canister was installed without the use of any wall brackets in an 'L' configuration--one pipe going into the filter on top and one running out on the bottom, both PVC pipes running perpendicular to the wall.
The clearance between the bottom of the canister and the bottom pipe was so small that the canister could not be unscrewed without putting pressure on the bottom PVC joint and torque on the top joint. Needless to say, the joint popped. Culligan headquarters agreed to repair the system on a Saturday by contracting a local plumber who came out that same day. Months later, Culligan local decided to charge me, claiming that I broke the pipe.
Who is really liable?(See photos)
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
- Reason of review:
- Culligan headquarters not communicating with Culligan local
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Culligan Water Softening System
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "First unit bought in May of 2014. Broke in less then 10 months. Nordyne said we did not submit warranty on line. Which we did. I..."
- "My first experience with the Zero Water system was in Georgia. It was very positive: water tasted great, filters lasted a long time. Only 1 person in the..."
- "Had my generator serviced as per the contract by the installer in Feb. March snowstorm here i Rochester NY and the engine is done. It bent pushrods and BROKE the..."
- "So, I 'blindly" had accepted their offer for a job prior to doing the research on them, which I NOW KNOW was a mistake!!I'd went in for my 1st interview,..."
- "Now, before I go to far, the order was placed through Amazon. I've never had problems with them before. I placed my order Friday at 9:59 A.M. and paid the..."
- "ADM American Debt Mediators Co. is a TOTAL SCAM! They lie about a program that offers you to put money in a REFUNDABLE SAVINGS towards a payment settlement to..."
- "I bought a couch from the Gardner White on Hall Road on Friday, October 21st. I scheduled a 4pm-11pm delivery for today, October 25th, since it was the earliest they..."
- "I waited a month for my package to never come then when i said i was opening a dispute for my refund he himself changed original arrive by date from..."
- "Sent for a WHITE CAL-KING comforter with an order# confirmation 10/11/16. On 10/18/16 received my order. It was BURGUNDY and had a different order# but still had my name and..."