Vincennes, Indiana
Resolved

I had a water filter installed on my main water line, which draws from an underground stream.The canister was installed without the use of any wall brackets in an 'L' configuration--one pipe going into the filter on top and one running out on the bottom, both PVC pipes running perpendicular to the wall.

The clearance between the bottom of the canister and the bottom pipe was so small that the canister could not be unscrewed without putting pressure on the bottom PVC joint and torque on the top joint. Needless to say, the joint popped. Culligan headquarters agreed to repair the system on a Saturday by contracting a local plumber who came out that same day. Months later, Culligan local decided to charge me, claiming that I broke the pipe.

Who is really liable?(See photos)

Review about: Culligan Water Softening System.

2.0
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Culligan headquarters not communicating with Culligan local / $420
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Culligan International Company?

Comments

Be first to start a discussion.